Tonight is Raclette night. I love Raclette! Why? Because it is a cornerstone of a relaxing family dinner! You have to take your time to eat, wait for your cheese to melt before you can enjoy your next bite. Also, I like Raclette night because I can give it a theme! So tonight’s theme is Belgium … more or less 🙂 I was lucky to find fresh Brussels sprouts on a stalk in our local store today. Usually, they are packaged in a small box, and then they are often dry. When you buy them on a stalk, they have more juice, and I find they taste less bitter. So, with Brussels sprouts and some Belgian beer, our Raclette night got a new theme!
Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts (cut in half)
- 1 1/2 cup bacon (diced )
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp dry oregano
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- Set your oven to 400°F and place your grill at the middle position.
- Now, the easiest way to make this recipe is to prepare all your vegetables and put them into a big mixing bowl with the bacon.
- Add all your spices and oil on top and mix very well to make sure that everything is evenly coated.
- Prepare a baking sheet with some parchment paper on it.
- Place all your ingredients on the baking sheet in one layer, so that all the ingredients could roast evenly.
- Cook your Brussels sprouts for the first 20 minutes covered with aluminum foil, and then 15 minutes uncovered.