Tonight is Raclette night. I love Raclette! Why? Because it is a cornerstone of a relaxing family dinner! You have to take your time to eat, wait for your cheese to melt before you can enjoy your next bite. Also, I like Raclette night because I can give it a theme! So tonight’s theme is Belgium … more or less 🙂 I was lucky to find fresh Brussels sprouts on a stalk in our local store today. Usually, they are packaged in a small box, and then they are often dry. When you buy them on a stalk, they have more juice, and I find they taste less bitter. So, with Brussels sprouts and some Belgian beer, our Raclette night got a new theme!
Brussels Sprouts Salad
Quantity for: 4 people
Brussels sprouts looks like baby cabbages, not because they are baby cabbages, but because they're part of the same family. With cabbages, we eat the head that grows out of the ground. Brussels sprouts, on the other hand, are buds that grow along the length of a thick, fibrous stalk!
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts (cut in half)
- 1 1/2 cup bacon (diced )
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp dry oregano
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- Set your oven to 400°F and place your grill at the middle position.
- Now, the easiest way to make this recipe is to prepare all your vegetables and put them into a big mixing bowl with the bacon.
- Add all your spices and oil on top and mix very well to make sure that everything is evenly coated.
- Prepare a baking sheet with some parchment paper on it.
- Place all your ingredients on the baking sheet in one layer, so that all the ingredients could roast evenly.
- Cook your Brussels sprouts for the first 20 minutes covered with aluminum foil, and then 15 minutes uncovered.
If you make this recipe ..... tag me @mel4skilletsandgames on Instagram and hashtag it #skilletsandpots.